As festivities begin, we just wanted to take a moment to say a big THANK YOU to all of our supporters for enabling our project to have such a landmark year!
Here are some of our 2015 highlights plus a few things to look forward to in the coming year!
More Partners, More Trips
- We began the 2015/2016 academic year operative in 5 schools in Tower Hamlets. By June 2016, we will have expanded our Trips Programme into the London Boroughs of Southwark and Greenwich – finishing the year with no less than 19 school and charity partners!
- The rollout will ensure that as many as 110 Apples & Pears trips take place during the 2015/2016 school year!
- We were delighted to become a Big Lottery Fund partner in 2015, receiving £10,000 for 50+ trips in Tower Hamlets .
- We won a nationwide competition to receive £1,000 from the Aviva Community Fund which will we use for theatre trips for families in Southwark in 2016.
- Rosie Stewart & Tom Quirke became our first ever London Marathon runners, raising £3,000+!
- In partnership with The Childhood Trust, we ran our first every Big Give campaign this Christmas, surpassing our £10,000 target and raising an awesome £11,850!
New Brand, New Supporters
- In March 2015, we launched our new Apples & Pears brand at our fundraiser at London Fields Brewery. Not only did we raise £5,000, but we were delighted with the very many new volunteer sign ups.
- The brand launch was a real catalyst for all of the successes outlined above and we’re super grateful to Robyn Butler for all of her fantastic design work, H+K Strategies for helping co-ordinate the project and of course, Hogan Web Development for bringing the brand to life on our website!
It’s been a great year for us and on behalf of the whole team, I’d like to thank all of you that have supported us, be it financially or with your skills, time and networks.
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and we look forward to an exciting 2016!