Apples & Pears and data privacy
Apples & Pears is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to https://applespears.org.uk/ or an attendee at one of our events, a supporter of Apples & Pears or a contact at one of our suppliers or other business partners.
The information that we collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our websites (or other forms that we ask you to complete), while attending one of our events or corresponding with us by telephone, post, email or otherwise. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number; information about your interests (relating to our work); and information relating to events you have attended.
- Information that our website collects about you:
- If you visit our website it will automatically connect some information about you and your visit, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet and some other information such as your browser type and version and the pages on the sites that you visit.
- Our website may also download “cookies” to your device – this is described in our separate cookie statement.
- Other information: We may also collect some information from other sources. For example:
- When you interact with us through or in association with third parties that we work with.
- Information that is available from publicly available sources.
The uses that we make of your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to operate, manage, develop and promote Apples & Pears and, in particular, our relationship with you;
- to send you emails containing information relating to Apples & Pears which we believe you will find relevant and interesting;
- to operate, administer and improve our website and other aspects of the way in which we conduct our operations; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims.
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. Otherwise you should assume that we need the information for our operational purposes (as described above). If you are uncertain as to Apples & Pears’s need for information that we request from you, please contact us (see below) with your query.
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you, where reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above:
- to your colleagues within the organisation that you represent (if applicable);
- to service providers who host our websites or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- to partners who help us run our events; or
- in exceptional circumstances:
- our professional advisers;
- to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory; or
- where we are required by law to disclose.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area (or the UK, after it has left the European Economic Area), you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area / UK, which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws. In those cases, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected, on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission. Please contact us (see below) if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or, if so, to see a copy.
Retention and deletion of your information
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. Specific information about record retention is available on request. Please contact us (see below).
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law. You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted. You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information. Please send them to The Apples & Pears Foundation, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any changes we make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted to our website also available if you contact us. Please check back frequently to see any changes.